- The MLK Non-Violent Institute Summer Program will be held on June 3-July 19, 2019 from 9:00 AM-12:00 PM at the Springfield Multipurpose Complex on MLK Jr. Street.
- The Relay for Life Survivors dinner is Tuesday, May 28, 2019 at 6:00 PM at First United Methodist Family Life Center. Registration will begin at 5:30 PM. Survivor & one caregiver are invited.
- Relay for Life will take place May 31, 2019 at 6:00 PM on the Thomson High School Track. Please consider donating: see Sis. Favors, Sis. Nwankwo or Sis. Dunaway. Luminaries in memory of or honor of a loved one may be purchased for $10. Make checks payable to American Cancer Society.
- G. L. Avery Banquet is June 1, 2019 at 6:00 PM. For those interested in attending, tickets are $25.
- Klan Prayer Service will be held in the following homes on June 3, 2019 at 6:30 PM:
- Rahab & Keturah-Sis. Barbara Dawson, 829 Mobley Street
- Canaan & Hagar-Bro. Bob & Sis Eloise Dunaway, 708 Martin Luther King, Jr. Street
- Candace & Theodore-Rev. Henderson & Sis Nettie Roberson, 208 Brannon Street
- Egypt & Ham-Sis. Betty Joe Bailey, 1317 Culpepper Circle
- Nimrod & Cush-Sis. Pat Booker Turman, 1577 Happy Valley Road
- Solomon- Sis. Juanita Scott, 406 Lilac Lane
- Our church family is in charge of the Pleasant Grove Baptist Church Pastoral Anniversary on June 2, 2019 at 2:30 PM.
- The Tenth District Annual Banquet is Friday, June 14, 2019 at Thomson High School at 7:00 PM. Tickets are $30.
- The State Congress of Christian Education will be held July 22-26, 2019. Anyone interested in attending is asked to please sign up in church office. Cost is $263 per person; double bed accommodations.
- The Men’s Retreat will be held on August 2nd & 3rd in Toccoa, Georgia. Cost is $115 per person. Please sign up in church office.
- The Elisha Ministry has tickets available for Rev. Favors 35th Pastoral Celebration. Donations for tickets are $50. You can purchase tickets from any Elisha Ministry member. Rooms are available at the Doubletree for the weekend. Cost for King/Queen rooms are $119 and Executive Suites $145 per night. Rooms must be reserved by September 6, 2019.
- The Senior Citizens Cooling Energy Assistance Program will begin May 1st and run through June 30, 2019.
- The Academic Scholarship “Sharro Scholar” Application for high school seniors are available. For more information contact Dr. Nisharro Wilson at [email protected]
Donate or Tithe on your mobile phone